My Guest Designer project for AALL & Create this week is a journal page. I don't do journal pages very often, mainly because I like to create on a flat surface, so I took a page out of my journal and started...
I used Tracy Evans' Beetle stamp set (#335), along with stencil #19 by Autour de Mwa and the Chequered Figures die set (#22). I think they compliment each other very well.
1) I started by stamping the Beetles onto watercolour card with Archival Ink.
2) I applied texture paste through stencil #19 and added some Cracked Pistachio Distress Glaze, randomly, allowed it to dry and then heated it.
3) Next, I spritzed the card with water before adding watercolour in turquoise and let it run down the page and let it dry.
4) I die cut the Chequered Figures and applied them to the page and then added splatters to the page.
5) Finally, I stamped and coloured separate beetles with Crackling Campfire Distress Ink, cut them out and added Glossy Accents to give them a shine, before adding them to the page.
Worldwide stockists for the stamp, stencil and die that I used can be found HERE.
Short and sweet this week, I hope to see you again soon.
In the meantime, stay safe and well.
Hugs, Anne xxx