My tag follows Tim's recipe but with different colours and a couple of different stencils (Tim ones) because I do not have the full set as yet.
Here is my effort:
I used the burlap, rays, schoolhouse and splatters stencils but to finish I added pearls instead of a charm and a key instead of a pen nib, otherwise it is similar. Click on the image for a closer view if you wish.
Because my tag has a key on it I am also entering it into the wonderful Hels' Sunday Stampers challenge which is KEYS.
But, even more exciting than doing the tag, if that is possible, I have got my hands on some of the new Eclectic Elements fabric!! Woohoo - these fabrics are lush. If, like me you have been dying to get your hands on some of these fabrics, well now you can. Thank goodness for Dyan Reaveley's shop, which you can find HERE, as she does get Tim's new things in, in record time. I am on her mailing list but even though I went online as soon as the email came through, all the larger (fat quarters) had sold out. I do believe that she got more stock in though. Anyway, I am more than happy with my half fat quarters and 10" square pieces.
I am hoping to make one of Jim, the Gentleman Crafter's passport holders with some of the fabric and a nice holdall, plus, I have already given some of the fabric away, but in the meantime I have made these:
Top left is a notebook with ruled lines, in my favourite piece of fabric. I have cut the letters from Tim's Wordplay die and added glossy accents (love that stuff) and the word 'notes' is a chit chat sticker.
On the right is a diary for 2014 with my next favourite fabric (what's not to like about butterflies!) and the notebook at the front also has ruled lines and the page edge colour matches this fabric so very well. I added a word band which says 'possibility begins with imagination', which I coloured with Spiced Marmalade Distress Paint. Finally, with the scrap of blue fabric that I had left over, I made a bookmark - so nothing wasted.
Just in case you want to cover some books too, the notebook top left is 6 1/2" x 4 1/2" in size and I used a half fat quarter to cover that. The diary is 5 3/4" x 4 1/4" and also needed the half fat quarter size to cover it. The small notebook is 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" and I used a 10" square to cover it and there was a bit left to make the bookmark.
I used Pinflair bookbinding glue to glue the fabric to the notebooks, it is very easy to do, the fabric is an excellent weight and quality to work with. With the possible exception of the red butterfly pattern, all the fabrics are suitable for both male and female projects. The fabric makes the books feel so tactile - I just love them.....