The Curiosity Crew will be choosing a winner and that lucky person will win a fabulous collection of Tim goodies, kindly donated by Tim and Mario!
In addition, this and every even numbered Challenge is being sponsored by the wonderful Linda Coughlin of The Funkie Junkie Boutique who is offering a fantastic $25 gift certificate. If you have not visited Linda's shop before, she has the most amazing range of goods for sale and she delivers in super quick time.
I have to say, I am not a huge fan of glitter, I just hate how it gets into everything BUT Distress Glitter has quite different qualities, it has a distressed shine (that takes Distress inks well too) which is beautiful.
When I was deciding what to do for my project, I still my Nautical Blueprints stamps on my desk, from another project (I will show that at the end) and I just happened to have Peacock Feathers and Peeled Paint Distress Glitter on hand and so I created another underwater scene. It is a little darker in real life but it was so, so difficult to photograph glitter!
You might be thinking that there is only one large seahorse in the stamp set - well I used a brayer to 'reverse' the image so that I could have a pair of seahorses. It is quite an easy technique to do, I used black Archival ink and I just rolled the brayer across the stamp and then rolled it again onto some Ranger Watercolour paper. It is a great technique to use to get more use from your stamps. Just remember to clean your brayer straight away. My brayer is a hard one, I am not sure if it will work the same way on a Speedball type brayer though, so do take care if you are going to try it with one of those - archival inks are designed to be permanent!
I coloured the seahorses with various shades of Distress inks to get the colour I wanted and then I coated them with Clear Rock Candy Distress crackle paint which makes the bodies look like they have fine scales.
The tag background has been created using a mix of Distress Paints and Distress inks in Salty Ocean, Picket Fence, Peacock Feathers and Broken China. The No. 8 tag has been mounted onto black card and mounted again onto a No. 10 tag, which has been given the same treatment as the No. 8 one but has also been given a coat of Clear Rock Candy Distress crackle paint. I took it outside to see if the sun would highlight the glitter - and it did but it also lightened the colours.
For the seaweed I used some of Tim's greenery die cuts and used Tim's Glitter Technique to make them sparkle. I used the same technique to create the sea bed. I added the sand dollar and the star fish which have been stamped using the mini blueprints set of stamps. These were also given a coat of Clear Rock Candy Distress crackle paint. To finish off I added some brown cotton string 'net' (gifted to me by a lovely friend). At the top, I coloured some vintage seam binding with Peacock Feathers Distress Stain, scrunched it up and dried it to give it a distressed feel.
The other project I mentioned is one I created for a friend, from an old kipper tin, I love to use these to create 3D projects (I could not enter this one in the CC3C challenge because there is no Distress Glitter on it). I think she liked it.... Did I say how much I love this set of stamps!
I would like to enter the first piece into the following challenges:
Thanks for looking, hope to see you again on Friday when I will be blogging my Tim tag for this month. Hugs, Anne xx