On the day, we concentrated on the Artist Trading Block dies (ATBs) and Jenny had the brilliant idea to use the ATBs as wedding favours and so we spent the next few hours designing and making up blocks. We made too many to show you all today so I am going to show a few today and then some more next week.
The first couple of samples just show how Tim Holtz inks, stains and stencils and dies can be used to create items suitable for weddings as well as his normal 'grungy' style. I just love the versatility of that man! The base of the boxes we used are cut from a product called 'mat board' in the US, I think it is much the same as mount board here in the UK, it is a lovely thickness and takes inks, stains and paints really well.
The one above is the first one that I did, using an idea that Jenny wanted me to try. Using Tim's lattice stencil and embossing ink I covered all of the sides and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. After this had cooled Tarnished Pewter Distress Stain was applied as well as a little Tarnished Pewter Distress Paint. This caused some of the card to rub off a little, but it created the wonderful aged look. A couple of simple corrugated hearts cut from a Movers and Shapers die and the box was finished with a Tattered Floral in plain cream card.
This is the largest size of box, just over 3 inches square and could hold a gift for the Bridesmaids, or to hold confetti or even a piece of wedding cake for the guests to take home. The die for this particular size of box is sold separately to the three smaller boxes which you will see below.
I do love seeing the three sizes together, the largest of these is about 2.1/2 inches square, just to give you an idea of size.
This photo shows the smallest box filled with heart confetti but it could equally be used to house something more precious to be used on the day - but you will have to come back next week to see what that is!
And then, just for fun, I though I would try making some of the boxes out of heavy acetate and I was so pleased that it worked. Sadly neither Jenny nor I, have the Block/Scoreboard die as yet so these were cut by hand using my own measurements. This is not something I recommend because the fit is nowhere near as good as Eileen's dies but I wanted to see if it would work.
I filled one with sugared almonds (a commonly used wedding favour in the UK), one with truffles (which could be used for a dinner party or a wedding) and one with mini easter eggs, all these needed to finish them off was just a little ribbon.
Next week I will show you some more of the designs we came up with, I think you will love what Jenny did and I tried my hand at a little origami too. The boxes are a dream to put together (I will show you that next week too) and are really sturdy.
Jenny and I certainly had a fun day and we cannot wait until our dies arrive now, they are due to arrive in the UK at the end of April. I hope if any of you are anticipating weddings in the family this year that you will find some inspiration in some of the boxes that we created between us.
Thanks for looking and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Anne xx